Thursday, January 16, 2014

My political view

Hello All!!

My name is Shauna Conner and my political view point has always been and will always be Republican.  Now please allow me to explain.  I was raised in a military, very old fashioned family.  We have always leaned more towards the conservative side. Because in my family if you weren't Republican you were a "hippy".  I believe that you get what you put into life and in my opinion the Democrats are working very hard at shaping America into a "welfare state".  I believe wholeheartedly in protecting our freedoms to make our own choices (One of the reasons why I do not agree nor support the Affordable Care Act). I have always voted Republican because I believe that they have our military and their needs in their best interest.  Having come from a military family and prior Navy myself that matters a great deal to me.  As I've been reading the first three units in our textbook Ive become familiar with quiet a few new words.  Equality of Outcome. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around this one.  While I do believe that there is a purpose for federally funded programs like Medicaid, Food Stamps, etc. I, however; do not believe that those said programs should be used as "crutches" for people who just plain do not want to work for their own. I agree 100% in our freedom of the right to bear arms.  As a Republican I do not see my party trying to restrict those rights.  So while I apologize to anyone reading this that I might have offended, I do not apologize for my beliefs.

No comments:

Post a Comment